Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"For I know the plans I have for you..."

Make a list of prayers, worries, practical things you need, etc. and put it aside for a few months. Then look back and see how God has answered them. It's really amazing and a good exercise in humility. I made a list months ago when we first found out we were pregnant of practical items we would need for the baby, house and other things. I remember having a lot of anxiety that we wouldn't be able to get everything we needed in time and it was extremely hard for me to put that list in the Lord's hands. I just got finished looking over that list and realized that God has provided almost every single item one way or another. The couple things we haven't received are not near as important as I thought at the time and we are just fine without them. I have no idea why I insist on worrying myself sick instead of just trusting the Lord to take care of us. He always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment