Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's been a while since my last post

Mainly, to be honest because there's not much to post about. Andrew and I have gotten into a routine that we're really enjoying. Unfortunately, that will probably be changing in the next couple of weeks. He's been hearing that he will be dropping into a class and his orientation (aka training) will start. That will be around 2-3 weeks of intense work for him, from what he has been told. After that he will start his schedule of two weeks on, two weeks off. He'll be standing watch for two weeks straight with the rest of his company. He'll eat, sleep, etc. there for two weeks and probably will have little to no contact with me or anyone else. Then he'll be home for two weeks to relax. He might have to muster occasionally or PT, but for the most part he'll just be home! So it's definitely a bittersweet situation for us. The two weeks where he is away will be hard for us. It will be weird for me to adjust to him being gone and find things to keep me busy for that time. However, once he gets home we'll basically have two weeks of vacation to just and relax and enjoy our time together. Like anything else, it'll take some adjusting, but I'm sure in time it'll start to feel normal.

Anyway, until then it's pretty much life as usual around here. I'm still working on getting things done around the house while Andrew's at work everyday. We recently got a washer and dryer (hooyah!), so we had plenty of laundry to do. I've also been enjoying trying out some new recipes for dinners and Andrew has graciously tried and liked them all, according to him. :) Tonight we're off to see Paranormal Activity 2, which will undoubtedly be followed by cartoons and Oreos. I wouldn't be surprised if we slept with our lights on tonight.

Here are a few pictures I've taken of the house, the cat, etc. Just a little taste of our lives, I guess.

This doesn't capture it at all, but I just thought the trees looked so pretty when we were out driving today. They're all really changing!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment