Monday, October 11, 2010

Couches and Kitties

Andrew's first week at work went well, for the most part. He spends most of his mornings and afternoons just sitting outside with the rest of Alpha Company studying for tests and talking. He almost always gets a two-hour lunch break, though, which means he gets to come home and be with me halfway through the day! Always a nice way to split up the day. He also does about an hour of PT every afternoon and is usually home for good anywhere from 1530 to 1630.

I spent this past week getting our apartment organized. It's definitely not completely finished, but everything is at least put away in closets and neatly organized piles in our spare bedroom. I still have plenty of things waiting for me to do this coming week, but pretty soon it will be time for me to start job searching! That will be interesting for me to try and find hours that will match up with Andrew's, but as I like to say, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :)

We did get our couch delivered today! Andrew and I are extremely excited to have somewhere comfy to sit while we watch TV in our livingroom. I also was finally able to put together our bed at the end of last week, so we have no need for our air mattress anymore! Getting our furniture into our apartment really helps the place start to feel like home. I'm also beginning to hang our posters and pictures around the house. Tonight Andrew and I had our first home-cooked meal! I cooked meaty calzones with mozzarella cheese and pasta sauce. Mmm. Very yummy - if I do say so myself. I also made a chocolate cake the other night. Once I got all of my cooking supplies I just couldn't wait to start cooking and baking.

I took my first major shopping trip for the week at the Commissary this past weekend. It went well except when a female employee in her 60's insisted on helping me out to my car and then expected a tip. I'm pretty sure I can manage my own grocery bags much better than the elderly and I can't afford to be generous these days. Next time I'm putting my foot down.

Andrew and I spent most of Saturday afternoon at the Humane Society adopting a kitten! Yes, I completely talked Andrew into this decision. However, he'll even admit that he's kind of excited to have a cute little pet around here. I'm picking her up tomorrow afternoon while Andrew's at work. Her litter box and food and water bowls are all set up and ready to go! We decided to name her Philly (for obvious reasons). I got to hold her for over an hour on Saturday and she is the sweetest thing. She fell asleep on my lap for most of the time. She seems like a good mix of playful and cuddly. Pictures of her will most likely be coming tomorrow.

Andrew had off today for Columbus Day, so we got up and made pancakes and had a very relaxing day. We're going to start a movie before we go to bed, so I'll leave you with some pictures of our new couch.


Then with the framed print that Cindy and Dave gave to us:

No comments:

Post a Comment