Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Children are a blessing from the Lord... remember that at 3 AM."

All three of us are still doing well, although we've made quite a few trips to the labor deck over the past few weeks. I've had some pains and strange symptoms that the nurses have been concerned enough about that they've wanted me to come in to get them checked out. A few visits have resulted in putting me on antibiotics, but I've mostly left with instructions to rest and drink as much water as humanly possible. We had a moment of concern yesterday when the baby's heart rate dropped too low during a contraction, but they continued to monitor him and he looked completely fine. So, we're thankful for a healthy baby, but I'm definitely getting more impatient to pop this guy out!

Andrew and I are going to a Phillies/Mariners game tomorrow, which should be so fun. Obviously, Andrew is much more excited about seeing the Phils than I am, but I'm also very aware of the fact that this will probably be one of our last times "out on the town" just the two of us for a long time. :) Plus, I haven't been to a baseball game in years!

Andrew did survive his camping trip with all of his buddies last month and I had a wonderful time in Charlotte seeing Jared get married! It was also so great to see some family members that I hadn't seen in so many years. I got lots of good time with my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and Joel and his family. The hardest part is always saying goodbye, especially to those I know I won't see for a long time. Being away from family is always a difficult thing, but the thought of our little boy being away from his grandparents, aunts and uncles is a little much sometimes.


Happy Father's Day to the best dad there is AND Happy Birthday to the best nephew there is! I can't believe he's going to be 4!!



No comments:

Post a Comment